OUTLINED Privacy Statement
We take our customers privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
Our Privacy Statement fully complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and represents the industry’s best practice.
1. Collect Information about You
1.1 Normally we collect information from you directly. Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- sign up for our site or any time you visit OUTLINED
- purchase our products
- Communicate with us
1.2 You may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. In using social media (e.g. by signing onto OUTLINED using your Facebook or Twitter log-in), you may give us permission to access your information in that social media channel or in other services.
1.3 When you visit OUTLINED, our servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages with in OUTLINED you visit
2. Purpose of Collection
2.1 We collect information from you for a number of different purposes, which we want you to understand:
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you; or
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities
3. Security of Your Personal Information
3.1 As soon as we receive your information, we use various security features and procedures, taking into account industry standards, to try to protect the personal information that you provide and to prevent unauthorised access to that information. We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access;
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes;
- OUTLINED uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
3.2 Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you;
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services within our stores;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
4. Complaints about Breach of Privacy
4.1 If you believe that your privacy has been breached by OUTLINED please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue.
5.1 OUTLINED reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.